Thursday 19 February 2009

My sister, the civil rights attorney

My sister Amy's birthday today got me thinking about her wedding last September in San Diego. Here are a few pics:

That day was so perfect, really, this is what it felt like:

But then California went and did something stupid. It passed Prop 8. This made Amy mad.

Making Amy mad is something you shouldn't do. My formative years went much more wedgie-free once I figured this out.

So Amy quit her job at her high-falutin' law firm in Manhattan and she's packing her bags to move back to San Francisco, starting work for the National Center for Lesbian Rights in a couple of weeks, where she is going to do even more things that make me proud to be her little brother.

My sister, the civil rights attorney. That just sounds so cool. What's cooler than that? My sister, the astronaut? Like, maybe a Mars astronaut. Maybe.

Anyway, happy birthday, Ame. I got you this shiny blog post. But don't worry -- we got you a sweater, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment