Tuesday 1 June 2010

Mills Mansion

Last weekend, we ventured with some friends (holler, Claytons) out to one of my favorite places in the universe, Mills Mansion (holy cow, that's a bad website), which has for some reason recently been rebranded Staatsburgh State Historic Site. Whatever you call it, the park has a beautiful trail that runs right along the Hudson River, with views of a lighthouse, the Catskills, rocky cliffs and various floating things of natural and unnatural origins.

A few pictures from the day:

Memphis-in-Hudson

Flap-flap-flap-flap

You goin' my way, ladies?

Nothing says "outdoors" like GORP (Good Ol' Root-vegetable Puree)

All wilderness should come furnished

Pssst. Hey, buddy. Help me out of this bag? Look what they're doing to me in here.

Yeah, I got a binky. What of it?

A nautical metaphor for what it's like to hike with a baby on your back

It's hard work being a sack of potatoes

Scene from "Narcoleptic Houdini"

No comments:

Post a Comment